This afternoon it got dark quickly, way too early. We were due to go to hospital for Mr You's physio appointment (as part of his arm healing). We were heading out. Literally. I was backing the car out of the garage... Mr You was locking the front door one moment, and then running towards the back of the reversing car the next, arms a' waving.
"Go back, Go back, it's starting to hail" he called out with more arm wavy gestures.
And boy! He wasn't wrong!
We got ourselves back under the veranda just as these suckers started pelting down.
So they're pretty sizable, but not too giant, and at least they're roundish. But check out this fierce beast!
It's fricken spiky! Like a clump of wild dog teeth... only, you know, made of ice, and sent from hell. Gnarly hey?
Lucky we like to push the clock, if we'd have been 30 seconds more punctual we would have been driving down the highway, unable to turn around, when these feral clumps came catapulting down. Nasty.
- - - - -
Now, on a more calming note... the Spring Brooch Giveaway is drawing to an end. You've got about 22 more hours to get your entries in before the draw. Good luck!

18 comments:
Can you imagine getting that nasty hail clump on the head?????
Geezziz.
You guys definitely have lucky timing :0)
Wow. That is some amazing hail you have going there. I'm impressed.
i have tagged you for 6 things on my blog if you are feeling playful;)
yikes! that is some fierce hail! last year around hear we got some good chunks that destroyed a good amount of the local apple harvest, but hail bigger than a pea for us is pretty unusual.
Oh goodness they are huge! Yes imagine one hitting you on the head!! I've never seen anything like it, hail is normally about the size of your little fingernail aruond my neck of the woods!
that hail is insane, what if it hit you in the head?!!!? The "sent from hell" part almost made me spit out my coffee laughing.
i love your pretty blog :)
and those hails are intimidating, seriously. they look angry.
this is awesome! i hope it didn't cause to much damage.
"Pretty sizeable, but not too giant"...I'd say those are giant! I've never seen hail that big!
hey lovey i'm so sorry i forgot all about the award that was so rude of me - thank you very much. I'm not sure how to collect it as the computer and i are having issues at the moment. If you dont hear from me till friday it's because i'm putting the computer over my knee and giving it a good spankin' hehehe keep going hommie nearly there
That second hailstone is EPIC!
i'm amazed at that piece of ice!! it's a natural sculpture, wow!
This was super interesting to me. I never even knew that you got hail in Australia. Do you get snow too?
That second picture was completely freaky.
Thanks for helping me learn something new today.
Renee xoxoxo
THAT is one serious looking hail stone. Lucky you weren't out walking in a storm like that.
I would never have believed the size of it except for it lying in your hand... Incredible!
man whats up with this crazy weather...its freezing in Sydney! we had the heater on last night...the hail stones look like freaks of nature...look at the shapes!!
I love storm season, but those stones are nasty!
Yikes!! That's the "Cars That Ate Paris' of hailstones: http://www.acmi.net.au/experience/images/img_carsateparis.jpg (I had to explain that film to a Danish academic at a conference once)
Thanks for visiting today, I've got your entry for my Blogtober giveaway. Happy blogging!
Post a Comment