I have a confession to make; the kitchen and I do not see eye to eye. We fight. Alot. Lets just say we have a longstanding mutual dislike for each other.
So while I don't indulge in cool and nifty kitchen tools, there are a couple of things I can't seem to get by without...
Ice bricks...
...To numb my regular kitchen burns (3 last week alone). At least my standby band-aids have been able to take a back seat in recent years, as there' much less of the cutting than there used to be. Still there is the burning. I told you we don't get on. And I'm not kidding.
I DO love this voluptuous little vixen though:
She stands up for me when things in the kitchen get vicious.
(She's a veggie peeler. I have others like her; an icecream scoop, a potato brush, salad servers. But she's the only one with a bellybutton and the moxie to stick up for me).

12 comments:
That is the best veggie peeler I've ever seen! My kitchen and I don't get along either; unless of course I'm making coffee.
You are the sweetest little artist.
I read today something that you posted about me on another blog and it reminded me that I still have some spunk, even though I had almost forgotten.
Thanks for being such a doll.
Love Renee
p.s. I checked your Etsy store and it doesn't look like you have any aceos and I am now buying them since I have heard you talk about them. Are you going to be doing any?
p.p.s. I think Mr. You should be the only person allowed in the kitchen, except for when you want to go in there.
hey little hommie i have the salad servers, wow great minds (and bad kitchens)
Thanks lovey for those last comments it was the pat on the shoulder i needed. I'm just like you too i was so shocked i didnt say anything, i couldnt even look her in the eye. I walked past three times muttering to my friend then got her to pretend to take a photo of me and my girl and really zooming over my shoulder. She was getting really sus of the three of us so we got away from the stall......kinda makes you wonder who the weakling is. So i figure i'll keep going back to the market each weekend untill i get up the courage to say somthing or freak her out by looking a little psycho hehe. But your right i love the way everyone rallys together
It's the bellybutton that gives her the guts- go Veggiegirl!
Btw I'm visiting all the Blogtoberfesters this month, and I've mentioned your button in the first issue of the Blogtoberfest Blog Crawl: http://bellgirl.com.au/2008/10/blogtoberfest-blog-crawl-issue-1.html
That is such a cool potato peeler and a great ally to have:)
what a fun peeler!!...maybe if you and the kitchen can be a little patient & accommodating with each other the relationship might turn around...maybe?
What a great post, you're hilarious! I LOVE these little kitchen tools!
too funny, I am the queen of burning myself in the kitchen, I'm glad it is not just me. Right now I am nursing a burn on my finger from the top of the toaster oven, and a burn of my leg from when the hinge on our oven door failed and fell open onto my leg when it was on. charming.
Ohhhh I love love LOVE your peeler! Do you what the brand name is by any chance? My best friend would absolutely adore the design and I'm always on the hunt for unique gifts for her. :)
Wow! Such a fast response. Thanks very much for sharing! :)
I'm with you on the dislike for the kitchen! I love your peeler, it looks quite Alessi.
Post a Comment