flossy-p home

Sunday, October 19, 2008

favourite films

This is: a list of my favourite films.

films

I have a terrible memory for films I've seen. But these ones have stuck...
Best film this year: Persepolis
Fave film as a child: Mannequin
Fave film as a teenager: The Fisher King
Other Faves: The Life Aquatic, Amelie, Lost in Translation, When Night Is Falling.

Thanks to Hokey for this week's great topic.

10 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

We have very similar taste! I loved Mannequin, Amelie and Lost in Translation. They would made my short list before I narrowed it down!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh man, I am a massive Mannequin fan from way back too..

Look at him with the dummy!

Who are you to criticise?

Fantastico!

CurlyPops said...

Mannequin was a great movie..and I really want to see Lost in Translation too.

Anonymous said...

seems amelie is a fav with lots...I loved it too

Anastasia said...

some of my favourites there!!
haha! mannequin bought back some memories...i loved Andrew McCarthy!! remember him in 'Class' with Rob Lowe?
i keep hearing great things about 'life aquatic'

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about that movie... waa. umm. Things that come back. I'mm off to make my list!

Geek+Nerd said...

I love most of these. I don't think I've ever met anyone else that has seen the Fisher King and loved it as much as I do. I like New York in June - how about youuuuuuuu?. Persepolis and Amelie I absolutley love love love. Mannequin - classic. I haven't seen the Life Aquatic, but people keep telling me good things about it. Lost in Translation kind of went over my head to be honest. I thought the cinematography and the art direction were gorgeous - but I couldn't get into the super stifled characters. Meh, you win some you lose some.

Thanks for the well wishes - I'm slowly on the mend. I think I'm going to work tomorrow no matter what so I need healthy vibes!

Katrina Jackson said...

I LOVE Amelie!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Some good choices there. Amelie and Lost in Tranlation are a couple of my faves. There are a few there that I haven't seen too, I'll have to check them out.

Allison said...

i love everyone of these movies! but i haven't seen when night is falling. i'll pop the popcorn if you want to bring it by.