flossy-p home

Sunday, October 26, 2008

what i'm surprised that i like

This is: what I'm surprised I like.

Tilli EyebowOkay so it's been a little while now, but I really was surprised at how much I like being a cat owner. Beforehand I would have called myself a "dog person", I had never had a cat. In the lead up to adopting Tilli I was still asking Mr You the cliched anti-cat questions like; "Will it scratch the furniture?", "Will it know right from wrong?", "Will it walk on the table?", "Will it climb the curtains?"... And I'm ashamed to admit, but to be honest, I just didn't know cats had personalities like dogs do.

So now, as I hug and kiss Tilli 6 billion times a day, talk to her constantly, and dream about her almost every night, it still surprises me how much I love having her around.

Huh. Who knew? :)

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Tilli is so cute..how could you not fall in love with her!

Liesl said...

Cats do have surprising personalitiies. Apart from being a bit aloof at times, I discovered too, that they're pretty good company. Its a lovely picture!

Hybrid Hopes said...

""Will it know right from wrong?""

That is a hilarious question. My cats actually oppose the death penalty, and we argue about abortion rights all the time. One of them used to rob banks until she "found religion." Honestly, I think she's redeveloped her old habit of street drug usage.

Maureen Reynolds said...

Too funny Hybrid Hopes. Yes, cats are basically amoral.

I never had a cat till my first marriage and then it was cats all the way for me.

Jenny said...

She is a cutie all right!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Flossy what a beautiful and peaceful blog you have here and I can see why your little darling Tilli sleeps peacefully it must be the joy of living with you.

My little grand daughters name is Florence and we call her flossy so your story about the "wild scot" touched my heart.

best wishes Lee-ann

Cindy said...

I know lots of people like that, aren't really cat lovers and then once they have a little furry companion fall in love. Too cute.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

This is good to hear. I've always had dogs and have thought myself a dog person too, but I think hubby would like a cat. Whenever we go to pet shops he navigates toward the craziest kitty.