Check out my new blanket!!!! It only cost me $2 from a yard sale on Saturday! I was sooo excited to find it, and then even more so when I found out it was only $2. There were two others there too, in retrospect I should have gotten all of them, but this one was bright and fresh, and left the other bland-coloured ones for dead. That citrus orange edge makes me very happy!
I've been having some really good thrifting luck lately. I mean no absolutely "would kill for" finds, but great all the same. I have a small pile of things accumulating for my Pay it Forward people, (I hope they like them). Actually, if you're on my Pay It Forward list, and you notice me stalking you in your stats, it's only because I'm trying to find clues as to what kind of things and styles you like. Let me say a couple of you don't make it easy. So if you're stuck for blog post ideas, why not do an entire post on a few of your favourite things about the house... or share a photo of your lounge room... wink wink.










11 comments:
I agree, Great find!
When I first saw the blanket I was reminded of a time I crashed on my friend's grandma's couch. Not wanting to disturb anyone I used the crotched throw off the back of the couch to sleep under.
Who knew that picture could bring back so many memories???
good times, good times.
Only $2!!!What a bargain and it is so lovely-so bright and summery and cheerful.
I love it! I'm sitting here studying it, trying to figure out how I could make one for me. :)
Great find. Especially like the bright colours. Gotta love a bargain at a garage (yard) sale.
Not sure if you're referring to me, but I'm always happy to oblige and happy to have an excuse to compose a blog post!
:)
http://thisisnotachair.blogspot.com/2008/06/for-flossy.html
I know exactly what you mean Jennifer, it has so much Grandma charm, and so nice that it served you up some sweet memories.
Jenny, yes, those colours sold me on it. It's Winter here, but you're right it does have a real Spring/Summer quality, which is always a good element to sprinkle through Winter.
Damn, Equipoise, I wish I'd bought an extra one now, save you having to think so hard.
Little Acorn, Yes, great bargain! Hehe, I was almost going to write "garage" sale in my post because "yard sale" sounds like an exclusively American term doesn't it? But then I thought it through and the sale was actually in the front yard of a church. :)
Thank-you Chair. Perfect, exactly what I was after! Any of you other Pay It Forward peeps feel the need to oblige, go right ahead ;)
Great score there. It looks like it's in great condition.
My mom is working on one of these for me right now. Not with the lovely citrus border, but still very colorful.
I really should sit down with her and see how it's done.
Great find!!!
xo
Di
My grandmother gave me one of these blankets that she made, but it's the traditional black as opposed to that crazy orange. I love it. :)
A fantastic find - and for $2! Wow! I had one like that growing up and it reminds me of snuggling up on the lounge in front of the tv. Good memories ;)
PS It was really cool running into Patrick, I actually ran into two people I knew there - Patrick and an Australian shoe designer I know.
Post a Comment