I haven't done Illustration Friday for a few weeks because I've been trying to concentrate on ideas for the exhibition, but that leaves this little space looking a little too un-illustrated for my liking. So here's my antidote...A sneak-peek!
This is a tiny bit of a painting I'm in the process of making. Not a great photo, but you get the gist...
It's kind of my version of the "What's on my desk Wednesday" meme : "What I'm making this week, holding it up under a lamp to get enough light, Wednesday". Hmmm, I wonder if that'll catch on? heee.










9 comments:
Bravo pour ce nouveau site !!!
Je m'aime beaucoup sa publication, recevez une forte embrassade, merci beaucoup.
I love it. The blue-ish hair and the cheeks - oh my! I'm going to visit my mum today, in Rochester, so we might be popping over to Artstream for a visit. I'll do my best to use my Jedi powers to zap you to the States :) Have a nice one!
WOW, I know it's not even done, but I think it could be one of my favorites from you. EVER!
Can't wait to see more of it!
Ooh I love that. Mmm, that's gorgeous. Good work you!
Merci beaucoup to you Naturline.
Sarah: eeeeep I'm so excited about being zapped to Rochester, I'll go get changed out of my PJ's and put something smart on, pack a small bag, and wait for the Jedi zapping!
Actually I'm madly saving to go to my Sister's wedding next year, she's getting married in Thailand. Otherwise I was going to come to Rochester (and some other parts of America :) )for the show instead. Sadly I can't afford both, and I won't be missing my sister's wedding for anything. Ah well, lucky for me you're a Jedi! ;)
Jennifer: wow THANKS! That's so nice of you. I finished it last night. It's very loose and pale for me, but it's turned out very pretty me thinks.
Alexandra: heee, thanks to you too!
wow this one looks special. Really love her wood-like hair and wide set eyes. gorgeous.
p.s we have been in the country over 2 years, still miss some 'city' things though.
xx
Hey Miss Flossy-p:
Just wanted to let you know Kelly had her baby! I wrote about it on my blog here:
http://glossary-of-field-work.blogspot.com/2008/06/23-true-name-and-story-of-birth.html
And you can see pictures of it here:
http://glossary-of-field-work.blogspot.com/2008/06/24-christians-first-hours.html
(And we talked about the painting again because everyone loves it so much.)
Thought you might want to see!
xo
I LOVE this painting. So many beautiful things about it. The little daisies, that beautiful hair, the rosy cheeks. And then there's just something else that's undefinable too. Just lovely :)
She is gorgeous. I love the way you have done her hair and rosy cheeks.
Post a Comment