flossy-p home

Monday, June 23, 2008

what I try to pass off as style

This is: my most favourite outfit that expresses my individual style.

This week's "this is" theme by " kitty, frightened me. A lot! Which is why I'm late...

PJsDeep breath. Let's see... Well the fact of the matter is that even though I've always loved clothes, the truth is that if you were to pop-in unannounced for a cup of tea, you'd most likely find me like this...
In my pyjamas, or hiding under the bed trying NOT to be caught wearing this! (I work at home - which by my rules means no more alarm clocks or getting dressed until the afternoon). I must admit, that's one of the benefits of having moved a long way away from anyone we know; the danger of pop-ins whilst I'm wearing my PJ's at 2pm has decreased significantly.

Alright I'm not like this aaallll day, mostly I do manage to pull on some jeans. But if you were to give me a bit more notice and invite me out for coffee or lunch or something, at the moment I'd probably turn up looking like this...

MyStyle

Right now it's Winter and I'm loving:
- my new pleated yellow skirt I got for $7 at the Op Shop recently (it still had it's original store tags on it from Japan), and it fits me perfectly,
- my blue and white pin-striped jacket,
- & white tights.

24 comments:

Bec said...

I LOVE both of these outfits. You've got great style!!! Even your slobbing about the house in your jarmies outfit is more stylish than mine. You should see the fluffy pink atrocities I've had on my feet all day. I SOOOOO wasn't posting a pic of those :P

danica said...

Hehe...I too must confess that I'm often in my pj's late in the day (ahhh, the perks of working from home) :) I really like your outfits - the yellow skirt is darling.

Kitty said...

too cute, I live in trackies too, but your out & about style is great. I definately have to train myself to wear skirts.

Hila said...

Love those outfits!! I'm in love with that yellow skirt. I've trained myself to wear skirts and stockings in winter after I saw a French movie when I was 15 in which this was the fashion trend. I thought it looked so chic :)

flossy-p said...

Hi, THANKS guys :)

Bec: Thank-you! Auh, c'mon share the pink fluff! No to be fair, you can't see my foot attire in that photo either... there's a good reason for that :)

Danica: I'm so glad other people share my PJ comfort, and don't just think I'm gross. Do you ever do the half dresses thing? You know, where you will put jeans on the bottom but keep your PJ's on the top... Or do the news reader trick and dress the top half only for a Skype meeting?
hehehe, actually I just remember during the heat wave in SA this summer I was Skype chatting with my friend in Adelaide, and everything was good, then she got up and walked out of the room to check something, and she was only wearing her undies on the bottom! hehehehe, cracked me up!

Kitty: Thanks. Yes, wearing skirts is one of those things I have to make an effort to do. Jeans are just so easy, but skirts instantly make you feel good I think.

Belinda said...

I love the boots! You are tres stylish! Do you feel colder wearing skirts? I always feel more exposed.

Michelle said...

I'm loving your new pleated yellow skirt, blue and white pin-striped jacket and white tights too!!! Really cute, great style!

Jenny said...

That skirt was meant to be yours it fits so well-I like your boots too. Oh to hang out in pjs such comfy luxury!

Anonymous said...

Very cute outfits! You have way more style than I do. My slogan for clothing is "comfort". :)

Geek+Nerd said...

I love the little ensembles with the skirts. The boots and the jacket are definitely awesome! And no worries, it's well past noon here in the US as I sit here and write this in my pyjamas!

Jenny Bean said...

You look so 'put together' and stylish!
Nice little figure too.... just a bit jealous over here.

Thanks for sharing!!

Chair said...

Freakishly cute! I also love layers and scarves and jackets!

flossy-p said...

Hi Hila: What ever would we do without French films? Actually I have a pair of very soft flesh coloured fishnet stockings that I got in France (and have been very careful with ever since), and wearing those with a skirt makes me feel tres chic ;)

Belinda: Actually Belinda I do feel cold if I try to wear ballet flats. I think the key to feeling warm and toasty in a skirt are the tights and definitely the boots. Then it's nice and warm.

Leni & Rose: heee, thanks :)

Jenny: I know, I feel the same way about the skirt, it was meant to be...heart... :D

Equipoise: I'd be dressing for comfort too if I was giving birth in the next week! :)

Sarah: Yay, another PM-PJ team member!

Jen: Thank-you

Chair: Yes, I don't think I'll ever grow out of layering. One of the only reasons I look forward to Winter.

Anonymous said...

boots are so cute! i been lookin' for a new rad pair myself...
um, i totally live in pajamas.. except when i have to go out to class. if i feel like a bum, i might throw on a better shirt and wear yoga pants.. i feel a bit more dressed that way sometimes. most the time tho, i use going out to get coffee as a reason to make myself get out of my pj's.. we should "meet up" for some virtual coffee sometime - another reason to get dressed! a date :)

Regina said...

SO stylish! I love all the layers. AND those boots are awesome! I need to live somewhere cooler.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

The joys of working from home. While I don't at the moment, I have for many years of my life, and my pjs have had a great workout in those times. Oh, and just underwear in summer of course ;)

I love those boots! And that blue jacket with the scarf. Lovely style girl!

And thanks for the comment on my blog, hopefully it will all be sorted soon and I'll be back to my normal self.

Rayne said...

My daughter would so totally steal that yellow skirt from you. That is just her style.
Aren't resale finds the best? I love when I find a treasure. I found a beautiful, fushia, watercolor silk, embroidered jacket for 2.50 once and I was as proud as could be.
I have found that if I don't take a shower and get dressed first thing in the morning then it's PJ's all day for me, too.

Lisa [strickerin] said...

I love your look right down to your boots, scarf and badge on the cardi in the middle pic.

And there is nothing wrong with pjs at 2pm.

flossy-p said...

Hi Faun, Regina, Melanie and Lisa - thanks! It's funny you all mention those boots. I've had them for about 4 years now, and I practically live in them in Winter. I even use them as gum boots when I'm sloshing around doing the gardening! Luckily I just gave them a good clean a polish a week or so ago, so they look good again now. They're so comfy, I don't know what I'll do if they ever fall apart on me.

Rayne, tell you daughter she can borrow my yellow skirt anytime, as long as I can raid her wardrobe too ;)

Thanks also for all of your PJ support :)
Getting dressed up for a virtual coffee date does sound like fun though!

Cat said...

VERY stylish! I love the looks!

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm working from home, I can really relate, haha! And everything is so, so true. The only reason I dress up a little more civilized is just so that I don't look like a madwoman when I grab my mail from the postman (the mailbox is too small!)

flossy-p said...

Hi Cat, thank-you.

Oh Amy, you've no idea how many times the postman has seen me in full Pj, slippers and full bed-hair. At first he used to chuckle, then I think he just got used to it. I use to try and quickly get changed after he had knocked, but I would miss packages, so after a while I'd just bite the bullet and answer the door as I was. It's very embarrassing, but I'm not missing a parcel for anyone!!!! :)

Anastasia said...

i love your outfits - could easily see myself dressed like this too! layers of comfort and some great skirts there - thumbs up to the Opshop find!

PaisleyJade said...

Love your outfits - I need to get into more skirts! Love your boots too - must try to find me some. Awesome blog - thanks so much!