flossy-p home

Thursday, October 09, 2008

mademoiselle

Frenchies postcard set

My Etsy store has been looking rather bare over the past few weeks. But not anymore. I've just loaded in a whole new batch of postcards of illustrations I haven't printed before. Fresh and new, ahhh, that feels better.

My favourites in there at the moment are a 3 postcard set of my French Mademoiselle Costumes from illustrations I did a while back. These are based on traditional costumes from different regions of yesteryear France. I was so inspired by those head dresses! They're positively gravity defying.

(Hey that just reminded me of The Flying Nun, I used to love that show when I was a tiny wee thing.)

Anyway, let me introduce you; in the straw hat we have Mademoiselle from Champagne. In the black veil hat I'd like you to meet Mademoiselle from Burgundy, and finally, that whimsical young lady with a passion for life is Mademoiselle from Normandy.
They are pleased to meet you. :)


Wrinkles, Icarus and TigerHug are now also in postcard form in the shop. And there'll be new designs being added over the next week or so.

15 comments:

kat coyle said...

oh my. i love these ladies.

Erin said...

ok, so maybe Mademoiselle from Normandy does look a tad like the flying nun. I love her. she looks like she would be fun to hang out with. She'd know all the best stuff to do, and make up the best games!

Emerald Arts said...

Hot.

Keep stocking that store like crazy. I worked at Domayne for seven years, people buy everything at Christmas time, they're like locusts.

:P

Jenny said...

They are gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Have they sold out already? They are so lovely but can't find them in your store.

Renee said...

Okay chick, all I can say is I'm freaking out. Where are they? I just went over to Etsy to order some and they are not there.

By the way, can they be shipped with my commission.

I will look at the shop again in a few days.

I love them, you are so super talented. Lucky duck.

Love Renee

Anonymous said...

Oooohh, such sweet, beautiful postcards..I love them.

Red Hen (dette) said...

these are beautiful, I loved the flying nun too!

Allison said...

i went and purchased the print as soon as i got your email - no procrastinating this time *wink*.

thanks again for making a print for me, and many thanks for the email last night. you are the best flossy!

Anonymous said...

Your work is so beautiful i juat ordered a card from etsy for a girlfriends birthday. Please do a book it would sell millions, every time i see your work it reminds me of the things i imagined as a kid lovely lovely lovely

laura said...

Darn, you already sold it! If you put more up I will purchase one if I can! (By can, I mean if it fits into my student budget!)

Jacinta said...

Beautiful work. Such fine detail. Well done, I am sure you will sell lots.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. I really appreciate your kind words.

Hila said...

those are some truly charming ladies - you talented thing you!

flossy-p said...

Kat: they're on their way, thank-you

Michelle: Sorry, yes they went very quickly. I have another set I'll be listing on the weekend

Renee: I'll order some more in, and ship them with your painting.


Thanks everyone else. Such a fantastic response to these! :D

Bec said...

Wow, I'm not surprised they went so quickly. They are just gorgeous. You're so talented :)