flossy-p home

Sunday, October 12, 2008

reading backlog

Reading ListThis is: my current reading material.

Reading isn't my strong point. I enjoy it, I just don't do a whole lot of it (on paper that is...blogs are a whole other story). I was almost too ashamed to post this, I was pretty sure I posted "what I am reading" about 6 months ago, which most "tellingly", is the book I'm STILL reading. Oh dear.

Don't blame the book. It's great. It's not YOU book, it's ME.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.. I have a book 'pile' just like yours. Mine is on the floor next to my bed and ranges in the most spectacular subjects... cooking, erotic fiction, spiritual, children's fantasy, biography, art journal & home decorating.
Hey.. if I lived any closer.. I'd come visit for sure. Anytime you're up this way.. you are most welcome at our home. It's small, but I'll find room for you and yours, and we'll live happily ever after. lol
xox Nicole

Hila said...

Tim Winton is so great. I think we all have this pile of books we keep meaning to get too :)

I've never read a Harry Potter book - are they any good?

Hila said...

whoops, that "to" not "too" - and I'm the English student :)

Bec said...

I know what you mean. I even belong to a book club and still struggle to read the required book each month. In fact, last meet-up I hadn't even tracked down the book, let alone read it....of course I still turned up for the cheese and wine :P

Anastasia said...

we can all relate...i still need to read the last two Harry Potter books...i cant seem to get into it?!

Jenny said...

You have a great pile there and there is no hurry!Haven't posted Barry yet but hope to this week-will let you know when he is on his way:)

Erin said...

i keep thinking i should read twilight but then i never do, although half the people i know say it needs to be read.

Jenny Bean said...

I'm so jelous!
It's been so many years since I've been able to read a book in piece and quiet that my book pile was relegated to a box in the garage. Now the box is in storage in the basement of our new place. Now that the kids are getting older, I look forward to digging the box out!
I've heard a lot about twilight... must pick that one up.

Anonymous said...

any reading is great. no need to feel bad about how slow you do it! I endorse *ALL* reading.

Let me know what you think of Twilight. Heard a lot of good things... I have it on reserve at the library, but I'm a loooong way down the list. Good to know good things about Tim Winton, too - nice to get recommendations...

laura said...

!!!!!
I am super excited that Twilight is next up on your reading list! I got completely hooked to the series, and was kind of ashamed about it, but I hope you will too. It would make me selfishly feel better, heh.

flossy-p said...

Nicole: thanks for the offer of us moving in and living happily ever after, you don't get that kind of invitation too often ;)

Hila: Tim Winton is great. Harry Potter is too, but the first 2 books are childish and you need to be able to bare that to get to the rest. Wonderful though, if not for the stories, then what they've done for the literacy of youth. They're still the fattest books I've ever read! heee

Bec: hehehe, so glad you at least get cheese and wine. I wish they'd offered that at high school, I may have had a better chance of getting through those English books then ;)

Anastasia: Yeah I found the second last Harry Potter difficult to get into at the start. It's worth it though!

Erin, Jen, Bex, Flossyflotsam: Twilight, yes. Okay so I've heard it's pretty much a teen novel, lots of soul-mate romance, so I'll need to channel my inner 13 year old (which honestly isn't THAT hard), but the rest is apparently VERY captivating. Everyone's talking about it. A real page turner I hear. ... I'm willing :)

Jacinta said...

I also love to read, but somehow the pile of books has been sitting untouched for nearly the entire year... I also have the last 2 Harry Potter books to conquer and I still avoid reading any articles in case I stumble upon some important piece if info.
I should just get on with them - I know once I start I won't be able to put them down. That may well be reason enough right now.
Good luck!

sewfunky said...

The Stephenie Meyer book is FANTASTIC! I couldn't put it down once I picked it up to read. :)