flossy-p home

Saturday, October 04, 2008

thank you for the thank you

The first order of business is to let the Blogtoberfesters out there know that I have re-created the button especially for those of you with non-white blogs. If you have put the button on your blog with a black or dark background, you will have noticed it doesn't look too hot with jaggy white edges. SO, upon request, I have made a new version of the same button for you guys. Please see my Fly the Flag post below, and scroll to the bottom to get the updated version of the button.

If you have a white or light blog, you don't need to change anything. so you can sit back and read the rest of this post ;)
_ _ _

On to the next item on the agenda...

Back when I was in year 8 at school I used to sit next to a boy named Nathan in one of my classes (nothing suss, just friends). Anyway he used to have a funny habit... When someone would thank him for something, he would say "thank-you for the thank-you". If you were in a particularly silly 14 year old "sooo bored in class" mood, you could thank him back again, and then he back to you, and it could circulate like that for ages.

Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is because this week I got a thank-you package from Emma at Emerald Arts. She was one of the winners of my give-away last week and sent me a package to thank me for the one that she won fair and square, how nice is that!? Super nice! But I feel a bit awkward because her package has WAY more stuff than my package to her had in it. Now I feel like I should send her something in return to thank her for the lovely, completely generous package... But then she may thank me back again. (Not that getting gifts in the mail is bad, at all. And not that I'm complaining.) :D But you see where I'm going with this.

Package from Emma SPerhaps I should just graciously accept the wonderful gift, show off her fine wares, tell her how much I love them, and help to spread the word of where you can get some of your own. So...

THANK-YOU Emma! Your package was a wonderful surprise and it's gorgeous, thank-you, thank-you.

This is what was in my package; A Voodoo Susan paper doll kit, a copy of her Creatures & Dreams zine, a print of one of her bright happy Crane Kite paintings, and a 4 page handwritten letter!

To get any of these items of your own, visit the Emerald Arts Etsy store, or you could send her a package and she may thank you in kind, hehehe.
She lives here. Emerald Arts.

3 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What a lovely post. It's a challenge sometimes to know how to just receive. The thankyou for the thankyou is one way for sure.

Speaking of thankyous. Thank you for all your work on the banner. I'll let people know about the updated stuff. I'll also get on to our secret squirrel business tomorrow too, which I love also BTW.

Bec said...

He he..I love your high school story! And I agree with Big Cat, the art of receiving with graciousness is not an easy one. But one which I believe you have handled expertly! What a gorgeous collection of goodies, and now I am off to learn more about this lovely person and her work. So your thank-you to her thank-you is a perfect one I believe :)

Anastasia said...

i like Nathan...wonder if he is still thanking everyone back? hee!
hey thanks for the blogtoberfest banner - cute!!