flossy-p home

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

letterbox loot, day three

Art By MattyDay three and another package arrived. Hip Hip Hooray! This time it was a tiny owl, a sweet quirky note telling me I was "super super fun" which put a smile on my face, and the actual purchase: a totally cool guy with awesome hands, wearing a tiger mask.
It's simple in parts, detailed in others and I can't stop looking at it.

This bunch is from the self confessed luv-lover Matt M Cipov.
Check out his site here...
And his Etsy store here...
(Thanks Matt!)

I can't tell you how much fun this is!!! Can you imagine getting a package every single day?! (I am already starting to worry about the nasty withdrawal symptoms when this is all over)

After a while I realised I was buying a whole lot of art of single girls. I confess I do like those very much, I even make a whole lot of lonely lady art myself. In fact loads of ladies (single or spoken-for) do. I’m sure there’s a Psychology thesis about this phenomenon out there somewhere, but I started to wonder what a house full of lonely lady art would look like... Wonderful to me, but kinda creepy to others.
That's where this little tiger-faced man comes in. He’s going to be representing the menfolk on my cluster art wall. Boy is he gunna score or what?! Actually I just realised he’s already undressed and ready for action! Heee.

4 comments:

islandarts said...

I can't wait to see your gallery wall once all the booty has arrived! Do you already have frames for all of it???

flossy-p said...

No Jen, I'm planning on making all of the frames myself. I did a course last year to learn how to frame pictures properly. I have all the tools too. Which is good on one hand (much cheaper), but also means it may take a while for me to get around to doing it.

Shell said...

Just found your blog, and wow your illustrations are lovely! Looks like you're having fun buying up on etsy - I love what you've purchased. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. Always fun to find another aussie blogger!

flossy-p said...

Hi Shell, Nice to meet you, thanks for saying hi. :D