flossy-p home

Saturday, January 27, 2007

just a bunch of stuff

Princess

I missed out on doing something for Illustration Friday last week, I've been busy. I'm in the process of making a website for an author, I've still got a long way to go, but it's launching at the end of Feburary and it's all going well so far. I am having such a great time working from home :D Although I am missing the air conditioning of the office.

I've been sketching out ideas for the face swap with leah, so I thought I'd share one of my sketches instead (to make up for the lack of illo). I'm happy with this one, I always like my stuff better when it's loose and a bit messy. Having said that Leah will be getting a different face, one that's a little more finished looking. I wish I could work out a way to use this style and turn it into something with a more finished look. Anyways, I'll keep at it, I might get there eventually.

____________

So Happy Australia Day for yesterday everyone! We had a good day, I did a bit of gardening, watched the final episode of Pride and Prejudice (BBC Version with Colin Firth - aarrrrhhhhggg) and headed down to the park to relive the yummy African food, peppy Oz-As cover bands, and spazzy firework joy of last year. This year the firework people roped off a larger area so the ash wasn't dropping directly into our eyes as we looked up, and there was a bit more rhythm this year too. We came away mostly unscathed, I say mostly because Mr You got clocked on the head with what we think was one of the firework caps, so he came away with a lump on his noggin, but still laughing.

We’ve become quite partial to a dangerous firework display. You know, it’s just not the same these days unless you’re ducking and weaving for your own safety. Then when we got home, because we felt so extreme, we watched Jackass (I usually hate that with a passion, but last night, for some reason, I was in the mood).

____________

And lastly, I wanted to give a big happy shout-out. Again lately I've been pondering on how much kindness, generosity, support and friendship our colourful little corner of world wide web shares.

I’m beaming at how thoughtful you guys are, and how you're so willingly share kindness and support.

Beth has recently been sending me endless emails of advice and answering all my queries on her experience with printing her beautiful artwork. I can’t thank-you enough Beth.

Lovely Love Squalor sent me a song! She thought I might like a new singer she’s discovered, so she just went ahead and emailed it to me. How cool is that?!

Hugs to all you guys for sharing my rage the other day. I was ashamed about my anger after publishing that post, but you guys made me realise anger is okay in some instances.

Thanks for all of your comments, all the time! I don’t have to say, because I know you all feel the same about getting nice comments, but it’s so great isn’t it? Thank-you. And thanks too if you come by just to read and never comment, (I’m not sure there is anyone), but if there is, thanks.

6 comments:

islandarts said...

I'm not sure why your loose drawing needs to be more polished. I happed to really like it and appreciate it for what it is. And it is awesome in everyway, the pink shawl is a perfect touch.
I can relate with the sentiment though. I feel that way about ALL my artwork.

Rayne said...

I agree with above. You're drawing is fine, why polished? There is so much of that that you can hardly see the difference between them. Your style is your own, it sets you apart and has personality.
By the way, your illo reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.
I like it.

isay said...

guilty as i am, i visit your site almost everyday and sometimes in a rush and have not much time to leave a comment. and also, i haven't done the 5 memes because i have done that twice already so i am still thinking of what 5 things i can share.....

isay said...

i like this sketch already but i will wait for the finished look tht you wish.

flossy-p said...

Sorry about the 5 Things meme Isay, you don't have to do it again. It's hard to think of extra stuff when you've already done it. Don't worry about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Miss Flossy! I still owe you an email (I have not forgotten!). And I love this woman! Her hair is great, as is the dress and sketchy lines. Very nice!