flossy-p home

Thursday, January 25, 2007

finishing 5 things

Here I am, catching up, finishing the 5 Things meme from below thanks to Rayne and Leah...

4) Rayne asked...
"Here is a question for you- What is the scariest/bravest thing you have ever done?"


Ooo, good one. Ummm. I’d say the bravest thing that affected the outcome of my life the most was when I moved out of home and put myself through the final year of high school and then onto University, without any financial assistance from my parents.
My Mum’s partner was going through a bad patch in his life when we moved in with him. He didn’t know how to deal with stuff and ended up becoming a violent, angry, abusive, drunken man. It took me a few years but eventually I found a way out. One of my biggest regrets is that I couldn’t take my 12 year old sister with me.

He has since learned the error of his ways, he's reformed, kind, loving, and he and my Mum are very happy. For a long time I felt very bad things about my Mum for this, but now I believe she showed a great sense of trust, love and honour in him, to see beyond all the hurtful things and all that fury. From her I learnt to show defiance, vigilance, strength and push for what you believe is true.

5) Leah asked...
"Hm, ok, question for you...what is your dream for yourself and your life?"


Geez, that’s a really hard one. This is going to sound so cheesy, but…

I guess the bigger picture dream is happiness, a sense of satisfaction, trying to be proud of how I live and what I make of things, being surrounded by people and things I love.

In terms of a 5 year plan… I’ve never been able to do one of those, I'm so bad at making decisions, but I’ve also always just liked the idea of having faith that I’ll go the way I’m suppose to. But now I’m 30 the next 5 years will probably need some planning at some point (if you catch my gist).

Thank you so much Rayne and Leah, I couldn’t have done it without you! :D
Oh, and Rayne, no we don't have air conditioning :(

Now, who to tag…
Leah from Creative Everyday (have you done this before?)
Isay From Meaningful Undertakings
Regina from Creative Kismet
Sandra from The Mighty Sally
Victoria from Dear Megan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Flossy-p! thanks for tagging me. I had fun coming up with 5 things to blab about. I also really enjoyed reading more about you. I know I'm not in the blogspheres much right now, but I do come back and read all your posts. It's great to see what you are up to. Keep it up!

Leah said...

yay! thanks for your answer. and i'm no good at long term planning either, cause things shift so much! and yes, i catch your gist. as a fellow 30 year old, i'm in the same boat! :-)