
One of the biggest highlights for me last week was when Mr You's Mum showed me her biscuit tin filled with buttons that she has accumulated over the years. Telling me that she'd gathered most of them to make clothes for her children back when they were young, but now they're all grown up and over 30 years old. The buttons had been long forgotten and were left unlikely to be used.
She presented me with the tin of buttons and a big empty glass jar and told me I could take which ever ones I liked!!!!!
I was so thrilled, I carefully looked through them all and selected the ones I loved the most (trying not to take all of them, I still managed to fill my glass jar and barely put a dint in the collection from the biscuit tin).
The ones above are only a few of the many excellent buttons that now live with me. Real vintage buttons; 20 to 30 years old and filled with charm.










5 comments:
lovely!
Happy New Year!
This is wonderful. Right before Christmas I told my mom that I want to try some old fashioned crazy quilts and asked if she had anything that she could spare. (She's a seamstress and also makes soft-sculptured toys so she has a huge room full of material and what-nots.)
She sent me two boxes in the mail and included were a whole bunch of really cool buttons. Aren't they fun to look at?
Do you have any special plans for yours?
My mom also has a Huge glass jar filled with buttons that she's had since I was little... I could raid it next time I visit.
I remember going to an auction when I was really little and seeing a large wine barrel filled to the top with buttons of all kind of variety- It was beautiful!
Ah, so beautiful! I love going through my Mom's tin of buttons - there's leftover ones from the outfits she made us as kids growing up... So many great memories reside in button boxes I'm convinced!
hey there, just followed a link here from kirin notebook. lovely looking blog and those buttons are FABULOUS!
Post a Comment